More About Season 15 Of The Masked Singer



Hello everybody!

Well, at the time that I am writing this, it is October 5, so that can only mean one thing. Well actually, there are many things it can mean, but for the purposes of this blog post, let’s say that they only mean one thing. 

It means that The Masked Singer is currently taping Season 15! 

As I’m sure you probably all remember, this season is being taped in New Jersey at Meadowlands Arena in East Rutherford. I did purchase free tickets, and I cannot stress how free they were, for two tapings this season, but ultimately I decided not to go, because it was way too overwhelming for me. 

As of right now, I don’t know any of the costumes this season, and I obviously don’t know any of the celebrities on this season, because if I did, there wouldn’t be a purpose to the season, and the universe would collapse in on itself, and there would be human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, and mass hysteria. A million points to anyone who understands that reference. 

I do not feel like speculating who could be on this season, because I did that in a recent blog post, so instead, I am going to share something that I thought I would only get to share at least two months from now, when we start getting information about the season: The Theme Nights!

I know what you’re thinking: How do I possibly know the Theme Nights for this season already? And the season only just started taping, so how do I know Theme Nights before they have even happened? Well, here’s the thing. On Camera Audiences, the website that is giving out the tickets, has listed all the Theme Nights for the season and when they will be taped. So if you think that I am sharing information that is not supposed to be revealed yet, I am sharing information that the show itself has essentially revealed, so if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at On Camera Audiences for sharing all the Theme Nights before the season even started taping. 

So, with all that out of the way, let’s get into the Theme Nights they have in store for us this season!

The first Theme Night, which was taped on September 30, was Addams Family Night. I am positive that this is not the Season Premiere, and I will explain why in a little bit. Here’s a fun fact for all of you though: On the website, after the name of every Theme Night, it shows how you will be encouraged to dress. For Addams Family Night, you were encouraged to dress “in your darkest, most dramatic, delightfully gothic look,” particularly black lace, sharp suits, dramatic stripes, and macabre glamour. I have no idea why The Addams Family is a Theme Night. Is Wednesday really that popular of a show that it brought them back into public consciousness? And why are they filming what is essentially a Halloween themed episode that will air in at least January or February? Also what songs could even be performed here? Are they going to relate to the theme at all, or are they going to be completely unrelated to the theme entirely, and they will use mental gymnastics to try to connect them to the theme? Because I think it’s going to be the second one. Also, I’m positive that Jenny is going to dress like Morticia, and Rita is going to dress like Wednesday. 

The second Theme Night, which was taped on October 2, was Elvis Night. I do not think I need to explain this one to all of you reading, as I’m positive almost all of you reading are familiar with Elvis. Audience members for this episode were encouraged to dress like him. I mean jumpsuits, sunglasses, slicked-back hair, and rock and roll swagger. I am genuinely surprised that it took them this long to have Elvis Night as a Theme Night. I feel like he is one of the first artists the show would want to dedicate a whole night to, and it took them EIGHT WHOLE SEASONS to have an episode dedicated to him. Also, there is at least one of his songs that nobody will be performing. I am not going to say what it is, because I feel that even saying the name of the song is problematic. So, if you want to know, just Google a list of all of his songs. You’ll hopefully find it.

The third Theme Night, which was taped on October 5, was Princess Bride Night. Yes, it’s another Theme Night dedicated to a pop culture phenomenon that has essentially no connection to music. And again, I feel like the songs that will be performed will have no connection to the theme of the episode, and they will use mental gymnastics to try to connect them. Also, if I had to guess why they are doing a Theme Night dedicated to The Princess Bride, it’s probably because by the time the episode airs next year, the movie will be celebrating 40 years, and it’s probably also a way for them to pay tribute to Rob Reiner. Audience members for this episode were encouraged to either dress like their favorite characters, or dress with capes, or dress like pirates and princesses. In other words, it’s going to be like a Renaissance Fair. I think. I’ve never been to one of those things.

The fourth Theme Night, which was taped on October 7, was… Nothing! Remember when I said that I was positive Addams Family Night was not the premiere. Allow me to explain. I learned at some point in time that whenever there is a season that has Group A, Group B, and Group C, they don’t necessarily tape them in the order in which they will air, depending on celebrity availability. And sometimes, that includes The Premiere not being the first episode taped. And whenever they have a season of contestants in Group A, Group B, and Group C, they film each episode of that group in a row, with no alternating between groups. Also, and perhaps most importantly: The Premiere is never a Theme Night, so the fact that it’s the only taping date without a theme tells me it’s The Premiere.

The fifth Theme Night, which is being taped right now as we speak, on October 9, is Baywatch Night. I know, this seems like a very bizarre choice for a Theme Night, and it absolutely is, but there’s a reason for it. For whatever reason, Fox has decided to make a reboot of Baywatch. The way they want audience members to dress is Hawaiian shirts, sunglasses, and “beach-ready style,” though they made it a point to say that they were not allowed to be wearing swimwear. I am almost positive that there will be a moment where the judges run in slow motion, as that is literally what the show is known for. 

The sixth Theme Night, which will be taped on October 13, is P!nk Night. I do not need to explain this Theme Night to all of you reading, because you should be able to tell what it entails just from its name. It’s songs from P!nk. The way they want you to dress for this episode is “Bold, Rebellious Rock Star Style,” or in much more basic terms, pink, leather, glitter, and plenty of attitude. 

The seventh Theme Night, which will be taped on October 15, is Lego Night. Again, I know that this is a bizarre choice for a Theme Night, and it absolutely is, but there is a reason for it. One of the other shows on Fox is Lego Masters, and when it returns for a new season, it will be hosted by Nick Cannon. Hey, wait a minute! That’s the guy who hosts The Masked Singer! Yeah, now you understand it. It’s another cross promotion. Much like many of the other Theme Nights, I have no idea what songs could be performed, and I feel that what’s going to happen is songs unrelated to the theme will be performed, and they will use mental gymnastics to reverse engineer them to have a connection to the theme. Also, the way they want you to dress is in your brightest colors, and take inspiration from your favorite Lego creations. What does that mean? Do they want you to show up encased in a giant cardboard block that has been decorated to look like a Lego Brick? What if your favorite Lego creation is from the Architecture line? Should you dress like national landmarks?

The eighth Theme Night, which will be taped on October 19, is Coldplay Night. Yet another Theme Night where everything about it is self explanatory. The way they want you to dress is in a Coldplay inspired look, which they describe as colorful layers and celestial sparkle. Also, I genuinely wonder if they are going to make a Coldplay Kiss Cam joke. 

The ninth Theme Night, which will be taped on October 21, is Mean Girls Night. Again, I have no idea why they are doing this Theme Night. The movie is not celebrating any sort of anniversary this year, and it also won’t be celebrating any sort of anniversary next year. The way they want you to dress for this episode is pink, preppy, and 2000s. Obviously, this means that songs from the 2000s will be performed in this episode, and it also shows that this is basically just 2000s Night with a Mean Girls backdrop. 

The last Theme Night, which is supposedly going to be taped on October 24, is Britney Spears Night. Again, I don’t need to explain this one to anybody. The way they want you to dress for this episode is pop star sparkle, denim, rhinestones, or a look inspired by one of her music videos. While I do think this will be another great Theme Night, there is unfortunately someone that I know is not looking forward to it, and it just so happens to be my mom. 

After I finished writing this blog post, I saw that three taping dates were added to the On Camera Audiences website. They are October 26, October 28, and November 3. If I had to guess, October 26 is Britney Spears Night, October 28 is The Semifinals, and November 3 is The Finale.

I do have some theories as to how this season will play out, and I will explain them now. Considering one of the episodes this season is promoting the new Baywatch, which has already been confirmed to premiere in January, I feel that it would make sense for The Masked Singer to also premiere in January. And considering the fact that Fox gets started with their lineup fairly quickly in the new year, we could be seeing Season 15 as soon as January 6. Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if we also saw Lego Masters around the same time, particularly when Lego Night airs. I also feel that because of how it appears that they have divided all the contestants into three groups with seemingly three episodes to each group, which is how they have formatted two of the most recent seasons, there could be at least 15 contestants this season, with one getting unmasked at the end of each episode, and by the time we get to Britney Spears Night, we will have the final six contestants, then the final five contestants in the next episode, and assuming they keep doing this, a two hour Finale with four contestants. I don’t know this for certain, obviously, but it really looks like this is how things are going to play out, and I also remember seeing that taping will end in early November, and I also know that Ken Jeong will be at Rhode Island Comic Con on November 6, 7, and 8, so they will probably want to be done filming the season by then.

Overall, those are all the Theme Nights they have in store for us in Season 15, as well as how I think things could play out! I hope you all enjoyed what I had to say, and I’ll see you all soon, when we find out more information!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who I Think Could Be On Season 14

My Thoughts On Season 14

A Tribute To James Van Der Beek And A Recap Of Twilight Night