I Wrote Every Single Part Of This Blog Post At Very Different Times, So I'm Sorry That It's All Over The Place
Well, this is what it has come to.
I should have known that by a certain point in time, I was going to be writing about shows that I don’t really care for, but I always assumed that I would have some other blog posts to write in the meantime. Instead, I am devoting all my time to writing about Dancing With The Stars this season. And frankly, I am very glad to be doing so, and looking forward to it!
As you probably might remember, the inspiration for this direction for my blog posts came about when I was talking with some cousins about how I was experiencing a creative block that was only getting worse over time, and all of a sudden, some of them suggested that I do write-ups of the new season of Dancing With The Stars. I had watched the show several times beforehand, but I wasn’t the biggest fan of it, and I also felt that I did not have nearly enough knowledge of ballroom dancing to be qualified enough to write about it, so I decided to put the idea into consideration, but I also knew that I needed to really get myself ready for it if I actually wrote about it.
In the days that followed, I spoke to my friends about how my cousins suggested I write about the show, and they also encouraged me to write about it too, so at this point, I was completely motivated. I had figured out what I would be writing about at this time!
Now, in order to properly write about it, I felt that I needed to give myself more qualifications. So, what did I do to get more qualified?
I researched the various styles of dances that are done on the show, and watched various past performances to get an idea of what they are typically like, and also took notes based on what I saw. And with the exception of my blog post about Greenwich Polo Club, this is what I dedicated myself to until The Premiere with regards to writing.
I could have written about Food Network shows and talked about how blind judging is the way to go on cooking competitions.
I could have come up with some creative Masked Singer blog posts.
I could have even written about the show Nation’s Dumbest, and simultaneously made fun of celebrities like Carmen Electra, Jon Heder, Steve-O, Ice-T, Anthony Michael Hall, and Alec & Hilaria Baldwin and how much respect I have lost for them.
But no. I chose to do unnecessary homework for future blog posts, simply because I respect my cousins and my friends way too much. And as a result of this homework, I am now able to tell whether a dance is good, bad, or somewhere in the middle simply by watching it, I came up with two guesses for who would be first out before The Premiere even started, and I even have early guesses for the five celebrities that will make it to The Finale.
And, to my cousins and friends who encouraged me to do this: You are all the reason why this blog post exists.
And I am going to be completely honest right now: Everything you just read was written hours before the season premiered, and since then, my thoughts have shifted very greatly.
As I have already said, I am not the biggest fan of Dancing With The Stars at all, but here’s something else that some of you might not know: There was a point in time where I felt the exact same way about The Masked Singer. Seriously, I started out by “Hate-Watching” it, and then over time, I ended up falling in love with it. I was sort of hopeful that I’d experience a similar Carbonaro Effect with Dancing With The Stars. A million points to anyone who actually knows what The Carbonaro Effect is.
When I was watching it, I found myself enjoying it, but by the time the show ended, I felt so drained, both because too much had happened in the episode for me to write about, and because I realized that if I stuck with the initial plan, I was going to have to write about a show that I don’t like for three months. Also, the show is two hours long, and much of that time is devoted to meaningless fluff that nobody cares about. I mean seriously, do we really need to see the members of the dance troupe just dancing whenever the show comes back from commercials? Do we need to be introduced to the contestants that we will not be meeting in that episode? Do we need to see Julianne Hough dancing to a product placement for Paris Baguette? Also, I just know that if I write about it the same way I write about The Masked Singer, I will definitely experience the worst burnout of my life.
So, honestly, as much as I love my cousins and my friends, I know what I like and what I don’t like, and I don’t like the idea of writing about a show that I don’t enjoy for at least three months.
So, I will talk about some of the highlights from The Premiere, and then I will see where we go from there.
I love how Emma said that she was glad the show didn’t stick her with another one of the olds, without actually saying that she was glad the show didn’t stick her with another one of the olds.
I was surprised that Jackson Olson only got 15 out of 30.
There was one point where Derek Hough literally called Tyler Cameron “Dylan.” What happened here? Did he mentally go back to last season and think he was talking to Dylan Efron? Did he think that he was talking to Dylan McDermott? A million points to anyone who knows who that is.
I can’t help but feel that Tyler Cameron looks like a more attractive version of Chris Klein from American Pie. Yeah, how’s that for a throwback? A million points to anyone who knows what both of these things are.
What was Guillermo Rodriguez even doing? He was literally just rolling on the floor by the end of it. I’m genuinely surprised that he didn’t get eliminated on this episode, but I don’t think he has the same level of charm as Andy Richter to rob so many people that are way better dancers than him.
The entire time during Ezra Frech’s performance, I was so worried that his leg was going to fall off, and I’m still worried that it could happen at any point this season.
Also, his story is easily one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to hear. Nobody should have to go through the health issues that he has been through.
As much as I don’t care about this show, I’m just glad that Britt didn’t get screwed over yet again by either being paired with an athlete who does not master the art of elegant ballroom dancing quick enough, or someone who is so old that they can barely move around the floor. I truly feel that with Taylor Hanson, she could be on the show for longer than she usually is.
I was not surprised by Harry Shum Jr. getting the highest score of the night, considering he’s an actual dancer.
For no reason other than because his wife almost made it to The Finale last season, I had higher expectations for Conner Leavitt, so I was surprised that he got the second lowest score of the night, and also got eliminated first.
What are the chances that one celebrity named Conner, and another celebrity named Connor, both landed in what the show would like to make you think is the Bottom Three? I mean, we all know the answer is 50%, but still.
Truthfully, I just feel bad for Conner Leavitt’s partner, Adele Zaikman, because she literally just won Dancing With The Stars: The Next Pro, and now she is eliminated as soon as she joins the show.
Yeah, so I really don’t feel that I can say anymore about the show, because I really don’t like it, no matter how hard I try. I’m so sorry to my cousins and friends who recommended that I write about the show, because I feel like I’m letting everyone down.
Honestly, as I am writing this right now, I have no idea what’s next for me. Maybe I extend my reach of events to write about beyond the area I live in, or maybe I write about The Masked Singer in whatever ways I can, or I share humorous observations from the shows that I watched during the week.
Okay, if you haven’t been able to tell yet, I basically wrote every part of this blog post at completely different times, and I was really not okay, because I was banking on Dancing With The Stars being the next show that I do write-ups for, and with how I found myself still not enjoying the show, I felt completely lost as to what was next for me. In the past few hours, however, things have changed, and I have a bit more of a clearer mind about what to do next.
But before I get into that, there’s one more thing I feel I need to address. How is it that I am able to say that The Masked Singer is my favorite show, but Dancing With The Stars is too much for me? Well, after much thinking, I think I have an answer. It all comes down to the presentation, and what I am ultimately watching.
What I mean is that with Dancing With The Stars presents itself in a very flashy, showy, over the top way, but at the end of the day, what you are ultimately watching is celebrities dancing. While The Masked Singer does sometimes present itself in a similar way, it backs that up with some really amazing performances from some really amazing singers, some of which even manage to make you feel things.
Now, as for what’s next, I’m thinking I might give writing about cooking shows another try…!
I know that this has been easily my most unhinged blog post that has gone all over the place, so I am going to thank all of you that stuck with it all the way through!

Comments
Post a Comment