What Could Be In Store For Season 15
Hello everybody!
I was going to do another write-up of an episode from Season 24 of Hell’s Kitchen, but then something happened…!
You see, as much as I enjoy talking about and watching cooking shows, I’m not extremely passionate about them. I am currently writing about them so that I have something, anything, to write about.
I mean, it’s no secret that my favorite show is The Masked Singer. I have two shirts themed around the show, my mom made two posters with pictures of almost all the contestants on them, with a third one on the way, and I post about it on social media nonstop whenever a season is coming up or happening.
The problem is that whenever a new season is not happening, I don’t know what to talk about. I can’t do write-ups of older episodes, as the seasons keep getting pulled from streaming one by one as the music rights expire, and this really isn’t a show you can do older write-ups for. As much as I love doing posts about celebrities that would be great for the show, that cannot be the only thing I write. And while I have gotten some great suggestions on writing about great performances or past contestants, for whatever reason, I couldn’t find the right motivation to write about them.
So, here we are today, with there having been a change in the world!
Okay, that’s a bit of a stretch, but I’ve got some exciting news to share with you all, followed by some speculation!
First of all, Season 15 of The Masked Singer is going to happen!
Second of all, the show now has a new production company: Eureka Productions, who are also behind other Fox shows like Farmer Wants A Wife, The Quiz With Balls, and The Floor.
Third of all, and this is easily the most important piece of news the show could have ever given us: production is moving to New Jersey!
Yes, you read that correctly. I will be within driving distance of tapings of The Masked Singer.
As of right now, we don’t know exactly what studio they will be taping at, but through doing some research, I have found some potential locations.
Palisade Stages in Kearny.
Cinelease Studios in Jersey City.
Parlay Studios in Jersey City.
Yes, so these are three potential locations where the show could be taped, and the best part of all is that all of these locations are just slightly over an hour in driving distance from my house!
So, obviously, I am going to do everything I can to ensure that I am at a taping, but the real question is how many tapings will I be at?
But that brings us to the most important part of all: The Celebrities!
Now, in articles that were published months ago, it was said that a major reason for the show moving production to New Jersey would be to get Broadway Stars as contestants.
So, with that in mind, I have come up with several archetypes for contestants on the show that could realistically be on Season 15.
The first archetype is the one that is obvious based on what I just said: Broadway Stars.
There are numerous celebrities that fall under this category and could realistically be on Season 15 of The Masked Singer.
I am now going to quickly go over several of them, and hope that all of you reading agree with me, or even just care enough to agree with me or be reading this in the first place.
One of the first celebrities that immediately jumps out to me is Tituss Burgess. I mean, he has starred in so many Broadway musicals, numerous comedy shows, and quite a few game shows, so it feels like a natural fit.
Laura Benanti - Another Broadway Star who lives in New York, has been on a few game shows, and has won a Tony Award, and we all know how much the show loves its accolades.
Annaleigh Ashford - Another Broadway Star who lives in New York, has been on a few game shows, and has won a Tony Award, and we all know how much the show loves its accolades. And yes, I did just copy and paste what I wrote for Laura Benanti, because it also applies to her.
Alex Brightman - He is a current Broadway Star that I feel the show could be able to get as a contestant.
Megan Hilty - Tony nominated Broadway Star who has been on a game show on Fox. Enough said.
Christopher Jackson - Easily one of the most famous stars of Hamilton who has also been on Beat Bobby Flay and Whose Line Is It Anyway, but he is returning in September, so I unfortunately don’t think he will be on this season.
Jeremy Jordan - He is a current Broadway Star that I feel the show could be able to get as a contestant. And yes, I once again copied and pasted what I have already written. Sometimes a reason for being on the show applies to more than one celebrity.
Jane Krakowski - Tony winning Broadway Star who has been on numerous sitcoms and game shows, and hosts a game show on Fox. The really shocking part is that she hasn’t already been on the show.
Constantine Maroulis - This one actually checks off two boxes, as not only is he a Broadway Star that lives in New York or New Jersey, he is also an American Idol alum.
Brian Stokes Mitchell - This one is a bit more ambitious than all the other names so far, but he is such a Broadway Legend that I can really see the show wanting him to be a contestant.
Marissa Jaret Winokur - Originated the role of Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray on Broadway, which she also won a Tony for, and has been on so many other major game shows and reality shows. What more can I say?
Tom Wopat - Co-starred on The Dukes Of Hazzard with past contestant John Schneider, and has been nominated for two Tony Awards. I feel that makes him qualified enough.
Vanessa Williams - She lives here in Westchester County, has so many awards and nominations, and has been on many other game shows.
Jenna Ushkowitz - Star of Glee who has won two Tony Awards and and has been on several other game shows and WE NEED MORE GLEE STARS ON THIS SHOW!
Aaron Tveit - One of the most prominent current Broadway performers, and was part of Grease Live on Fox many years ago.
Brooke Shields - She apparently lives in New York City, has been on a few other game shows, and has a surprising amount of musical theatre experience.
Daphne Rubin-Vega - Broadway Star who was in the original production of the musical Rent.
David Hyde Pierce - Actor known for starring in Frasier who has a VERY extensive list of Broadway credits.
Adam Pascal - Another one of the most prominent Broadway performers, which is qualifying enough in my opinion.
Jordan Fisher - Current Broadway Star who also won Dancing With The Stars. That is qualifying enough.
Alex Newell - Another Glee star who has won a Tony Award and was on Celebrity Weakest Link on Fox last year, which is enough of a reason for them to be on the show.
Bebe Neuwirth - Weirdly, the same as David Hyde Pierce, just swap out Frasier with Cheers.
Victor Garber - Much like with Brian Stokes Mitchell, I know that this one is a bit more ambitious than some of the other names, but he is such a Broadway Legend that I can really see the show wanting him to be a contestant.
Matthew Morrison - Essentially the same as Jenna Ushkowitz and Alex Newell, minus the whole winning a Tony Award thing.
Kelsey Grammer - I am on the fence more with him than any other celebrity I have ever put into consideration, as he alternates between being too big for The Masked Singer and being perfectly big for the show. He has a lot of Broadway experience and is a good singer, so I’m going to include him.
Jason Alexander - Yes, George Costanza has a lot of Broadway experience, and he has also won a Tony Award and been on almost every other major game show.
Elizabeth Gillies - She has done a lot of shows in New York City in the past few years and months, so The Masked Singer on the East Coast might not be out of the question for her.
Corbin Bleu - He has become a Broadway star, and he has also been on several other game shows.
The next archetype that I am positive will be a part of this season is celebrities that live on the East Coast. Here are some examples.
Joe Piscopo - SNL alum and radio host who has also done some singing and apparently lives in the New York/New Jersey area.
Ice T - He has already been on almost every other major game show, and Law & Order SVU films in New York, so this could be the season they finally get him.
Fat Joe - The show has already had so many iconic rappers, and I feel that he would be another great one to have on, as he is easily one of the most famous rappers living in New York, judging by the fact that he has been at almost every single Knicks game.
Wyclef Jean - Almost the same thing as Fat Joe, minus the part about the Knicks.
Martha Stewart - Okay, I know this one is kind of a stretch, but I feel like the show would absolutely want to have her on.
Any or all of the Impractical Jokers - Yeah, they are easily among the most famous comedians from New York that the show can afford, and they would certainly be entertaining.
Tony Danza - He is surprisingly also a singer, and he has done so many shows in New York that I am almost confident he lives there.
And finally, because they all live in New York, I think that Season 15 could be the season that the show finally gets someone from the Baldwin family. As for who to expect to see on the show, I want it to be Alec Baldwin, but I know that it’s far more likely to be Stephen Baldwin or Hilaria Baldwin.
The next archetype that I am positive will be a part of this season is the athletes who are either not good singers but are legends in their field, or are surprisingly great singers.
Upon doing some research, I have found that Victor Cruz and Tiki Barber are two football players that still live in the region apparently, and considering their other game show activity, they could be on this season. Also, Tiki Barber was in Kinky Boots on Broadway at one point in time. I don’t get it either, but that might mean that he has some level of singing ability?
Now, I am going to operate under the assumption that celebrities who don’t live on the East Coast love the sight of green paper, and would still be willing to be on the show with a majority of the other names that I write.
I feel like Chuck Liddell is overdue on the show at this point, as well as Dennis Rodman, despite the fact that both of them will absolutely be terrible singers.
I also wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Ryan Lochte or Cam Newton on the show, because they are both problematic enough to be considered as contestants.
I also wouldn’t be surprised if Nancy Kerrigan were a contestant, because, and I am not making this up, she was featured on an album.
I also feel like there are so many athletes they can still have that are surprisingly great singers. Here they are:
Baseball player Adam Wainwright
Basketball player Iman Shumpert
WNBA player Jordin Canada
Boxer Roy Jones Jr
Basketball player Chris Webber
Baseball player Nick Swisher
Figure skater Adam Rippon
Gymnast Laurie Hernandez
Soccer player Clint Dempsey
Football player Deion Sanders
Baseball player Steven Brault
Football player Vernon Davis
The next archetype that I am sure will be part of Season 15 is Reality Stars.
First of all, I am almost positive that this is the season that we finally get someone from Jersey Shore as a contestant. I don’t know who it will be, but I’m sure it’s going to happen.
Next, I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw someone like Teresa Caputo, The Long Island Medium, or Buddy Valastro, AKA Cake Boss.
I also expect to see someone from Real Housewives this season. If they go beyond the East Coast, I can see them getting someone like NeNe Leakes, Kyle Richards, or Kim Zolciak, and if they want to get someone on the East Coast, I am almost positive it will be Teresa Giudice. And honestly, I wouldn’t even be surprised if her daughter Gia Giudice was on the show as well.
I also wouldn’t be surprised if they got Carson Kressley or Jai Rodriguez from the original Queer Eye, as the latter is actually a singer and has even been on Broadway.
And if they want to get other reality stars outside of the East Coast, I wouldn’t be surprised if they got Lala Kent from Vanderpump Rules or Johnny Bananas.
The next archetype they will go for is celebrities who are not good singers and are just there to have fun. I am going to just list a bunch of names, and hopefully you’ll understand why I am saying their names as soon as I say them.
Steve-O
Jamie Kennedy from Scream and a bunch of other stuff nobody knows.
Jason Biggs from American Pie.
Pauly Shore
David Arquette
Jon Lovitz
Chris Kattan
Chris Parnell
Jack McBrayer
Craig Ferguson
Frankie Muniz
Caroline Rhea
Tara Reid
Brad Garrett
Jon Heder
Jerry O’Connell
Justin Long
Andrew Dice Clay (Despite how much my mom would be furious if he were a contestant)
Wayne Knight (Newman from Seinfeld)
Mr. T
Kevin Smith
Jaleel White
Anthony Michael Hall
Eric Roberts
Richard Kind
Mira Sorvino
Gary Busey (But I really hope they NEVER have him on)
Patrick Warburton (Kronk and Joe Swanson)
Chris Hardwick
Rob Riggle
French Stewart
Jonathan Bennett
Rachael Leigh Cook
Alyson Hannigan
Yeah, there’s a lot more names for this archetype, but if I go through all of them, this blog post will probably never end, and there’s still more archetypes I have to discuss.
The next archetype that I am positive will be a part of Season 15 is celebrities that you have no idea can sing. Here are some examples of this archetype.
C Thomas Howell from The Outsiders and many other 80s movies that no one knows.
Anson Williams from Happy Days.
Don Most from Happy Days, and now rises from the haze. A million points to anyone who understands that reference.
Haylie Duff, who is the sister of Hilary Duff for those of you who don’t know.
Beverly D’Angelo from the Vacation movies.
Beverley Mitchell from 7th Heaven, who I think has a very good chance of being on the show, considering she has already started the reality show and game show circuit, with two shows on Fox.
Lorenzo Lamas from Falcon Crest and Renegade. I mean, he was on Celebrity Apprentice, and he has started the convention circuit.
Charlene Tilton from Dallas, who is also a singer and was a guest clue giver all the way back in Season 9.
Tom Green from The Tom Green Show, weirdly enough, as he has actually put out some pretty good music.
Richard Grieco from the original 21 Jump Street series.
Barry Bostwick from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Seriously Fox, the man is 81 years old, and is the only person from The Rocky Horror Picture Show you can have as a contestant. GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!!!
Thomas Ian Nicholas from Rookie Of The Year and American Pie.
Taye Diggs, who is also a Broadway star.
Kel Mitchell from Nickelodeon, who made the game show circuit in the past few years.
Lacey Chabert, who actually had some singing experience when she was younger.
Steven Weber from Wings, who has musical theatre experience and singing experience.
Tia Carrere from General Hospital, Wayne’s World, and Lilo & Stitch, who has been on some other reality shows and has even won two Grammy Awards for her music.
Scott Grimes from American Dad and the Ted series on Peacock.
Hank Azaria from The Simpsons, who actually recently started touring as a Bruce Springsteen tribute artist.
Marilu Henner from Taxi, who has musical theatre experience and has been on several other game shows.
Rita Wilson, who was a guest panelist back in Season 5.
Jaime Camil from Jane The Virgin, who has been on a few other game shows.
John O’Hurley from Seinfeld and the Dog Show that airs every Thanksgiving.
Billy Zane from Titanic, who is actually pretty good at singing.
Lynda Carter, AKA Wonder Woman from the 1970s, who has also done some singing.
Dule Hill from The West Wing and Psych, who has been on a few other game shows and can sing.
Josh Radnor from How I Met Your Mother, who has become something of a singer in recent years.
Brent Spiner from Star Trek, who can actually sing, surprisingly enough.
Dermot Mulroney from My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Dolph Lundgren from Rocky whichever number movie it was. I will admit, I have never heard him sing, nor do I think he would be amazing, but he has done some singing before, and I feel that The Masked Singer would want a celebrity like him.
Jesse Metcalfe from Desperate Housewives.
Bethany Joy Lenz from One Tree Hill.
Anna Camp from Pitch Perfect.
Taryn Manning from Orange Is The New Black.
Bellamy Young from Scandal and other shows.
Kathie Lee Gifford, who has surprisingly done some singing in the past.
Vicki Lawrence, who is a TV Legend that I feel the show would want to have as a contestant.
Joely Fisher, who is best known for starring in the sitcoms Ellen and Til Death, and has done some singing.
Lea Thompson from Back To The Future, who has done some singing.
Craig Robinson from so many comedy shows and movies, who is a surprisingly great singer.
Nia Vardalos from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, who has actually starred in a few musicals over the years.
Radio personality Bobby Bones, who is also something of a country singer.
Tisha Campbell from Martin and My Wife And Kids, who is also a singer.
Lauren Ash from Superstore, who has apparently started a singing career.
Actor and comedian Ken Marino, who is also a singer in his free time with Middle Aged Dad Jam Band.
Kyle Richards from Real Housewives, who can apparently sing according to Jenny McCarthy.
Bridget Everett, who is an actress and comedian that has done some cabaret style singing, and as I am writing this, I am remembering that I think she lives in New York, so she could be on Season 15.
Robert Davi, who is an actor that also does Frank Sinatra tributes.
Zachary Levi, who has also done some singing and even been on Broadway and nominated for a Tony Award.
Charle Esten from Whose Line Is It Anyway and Nashville, who is currently a country singer.
Former Disney Channel Star Peyton List, who recently made her Off-Broadway debut in the musical Heathers.
Carmen Electra from Baywatch, who is also besties with Jenny…
Jackson Rathbone from Twilight, who is also a singer.
Kiefer Sutherland, who has become a country singer.
Jeremy Sisto from Six Feet Under, who has actually done some singing.
Tom Felton from Harry Potter, who has done some singing in recent years.
Sasha Pieterse from Pretty Little Liars.
Patrick Duffy from Dallas, who was actually a guest contestant on the French version of The Masked Singer.
Chris Sullivan from This Is Us
Jamie-Lynn Sigler from The Sopranos
Ty Pennington from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
David Charvet from Baywatch and Melrose Place
Alexa PenaVega from Spy Kids
I think I’ve said enough here, as there is one more archetype I need to get to, along with several sub-archetypes.
Now it’s time to get to the professional singers!
I’m going to start off in the 1960s, and then work my way to the present.
The show has already had a number of older legends, and there aren’t that many they still need to have, but the ones that occur to me are Dion DiMucci, Smokey Robinson, Frankie Avalon, Darlene Love, Deniece Williams, Tony Orlando, Micky Dolenz, and Peter Noone. I would have included Wayne Newton here, but since the show is moving to New Jersey, and he has exactly 39 shows lined up in Las Vegas starting in September and going into December, there’s no way he can be on the show. Also, the only sort of hesitation I have with any of these names is that they are all old. As in, some of them are so old that I have no idea if they would be okay with or even be strong enough to wear such a heavy costume for days or weeks. Also, I’m going to give a million points to anyone who knows who all of these singers are by name without having to Google any of them.
Moving into the 70s, I could see the show going for a disco singer like Kathy Sledge from Sister Sledge, Stephanie Mills, or Philip Bailey from Earth, Wind & Fire, or Harry Wayne Casey from KC & The Sunshine Band, country singer Tanya Tucker, rock singers like Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop, Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top, Don Felder from The Eagles or even Gene Simmons, or any of the heartthrobs of the time like Leif Garrett and Shaun Cassidy.
Going into the 80s, this is where things get a bit more interesting, as there is a wide variety of singers of different genres that would be perfect for the show.
Pop singers like Paula Abdul, Belinda Carlisle, Susanna Hoffs, Billy Ocean, Babyface, Morris Day, Howard Jones, Lisa Lisa, Sheila E, Chris Isaak, Air Supply, Colin Hay, Richard Marx, and Tiffany.
Rock singers like Lita Ford, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Richie Sambora, Rick Springfield Sammy Hagar, Corey Glover from Living Colour, Brian Setzer, and Vince Neil.
The next archetype is rappers who are not there to be serious contenders, but are just there to have fun, and maybe have like one or two songs that people know. I am talking about rappers like Young MC, Vanilla Ice, Doug E Fresh, MC Hammer, Sir Mix-a-Lot, and Afroman, the latter of whom found himself in the headlines for the first time in decades this year, which could mean that this is his time to be on the show.
The next archetype is sort of like the indie non-mainstream singers who somehow managed to make their way onto the mainstream. Similar to past contestants Paula Cole and Edwin McCain. Some singers that fall under this category include Suzanne Vega, Joan Osborne, Shawn Colvin, Lisa Loeb, John Popper from Blues Traveler, Chris Barron from Spin Doctors, Steven Page or Ed Robertson from Barenaked Ladies, rock band Nelson, and John Ondrasik, AKA Five For Fighting.
The next archetype is boy band and girl group members that still have to do the show. I’m talking about Drew Lachey, Jeff Timmons, AJ McLean, Kevin Richardson, Howie Dorough, Lance Bass, JC Chasez, Jordan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Johnny Gill, Ralph Tresvant, Bell Biv DeVoe Mel B, Melanie C, Kelly Rowland, LeToya Luckett, Sabrina Bryan from The Cheetah Girls, all the members of SWV, either or both members of Salt-N-Pepa and TLC, and any or all the members of Big Time Rush.
The next archetype is artists from the 2000s and 2010s. This is an archetype that the show has gotten a lot of mileage from, and could still get a lot more from. Here are all the names that I feel have a chance of being on the show.
Rob Thomas
Country singer Ashley McBryde
R&B singer Joe
Eric Benet
Master P
Scott Stapp from Creed
Brian McKnight
Nelly
Marc Roberge from O.A.R.
Matt Nathanson
Michael Fitzpatrick from Fitz And The Tantrums
Carly Pearce
Ross Lynch
Laura Marano
Joshua Bassett
Nas
Eve
Q-Tip from A Tribe Called Quest
Stephan Jenkins from Third Eye Blind
Jessica Simpson
Pat Monahan from Train
Mya
Jo Dee Messina
John Rzeźnik from Goo Goo Dolls
Da Brat
Country singer Lee Ann Womack
Jake Shears from Scissor Sisters
Natalie Maines from The Chicks
Ja Rule
Aaron Lewis from Staind, but I kind of doubt it.
Uncle Kracker
Lil Kim
Big Boi from OutKast
K-Ci & JoJo
Martina McBride
Ludacris
Brooks & Dunn
Romeo Miller
Willa Ford
Travis Tritt
Chad Kroeger
Ashanti
Vanessa Carlton, who sings A Thousand Miles
Michelle Branch
Cam’ron
Brandy
Killer Mike
Sean Paul
Alanis Morissette
Amy Lee from Evanescence
Lil Jon
Ying Yang Twins
Chingy, who sings the song Right Thurr.
Monica
Jason Mraz
Alex Band from The Calling
Jadakiss
Frankie J
Birdman
Baby Bash
Doug Robb from Hoobastank
Remy Ma
Kelis, who sings Milkshake
Akon
Anthony Hamilton
Ryan Cabrera
will.i.am
Ciara
Melody Thornton from The Pussycat Dolls
The Game
T.I.
Jacoby Shaddix from Papa Roach
Howie Day
CeeLo Green
Gavin DeGraw
Amerie
Jermaine Dupri
Fantasia, who won Season 3 of American Idol
Daniel Powter, who sings Bad Day
Timbaland
James Blunt
Isaac Slade from The Fray
Joe King from The Fray
Tyson Ritter from The All-American Rejects
Fergie
E-40
Gary LeVox from Rascal Flatts
KT Tunstall
Too Short
Ray J
Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland
Taylor Hicks from American Idol
Miranda Cosgrove
Keri Hilson
Soulja Boy
Travie McCoy from Gym Class Heroes
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, or just one member
Colbie Caillat
Leona Lewis
Jordin Sparks
Jaret Reddick from Bowling For Soup
Pierre Bouvier from Simple Plan
Flo Rida
M.I.A.
Estelle, who sings American Boy with Kanye West
Lupe Fiasco
David Cook
Justin Guarini
Rick Ross
Trey Songz
Christy Carlson Romano
Redman
Joss Stone
Trace Adkins
Gavin Rossdale from Bush
Jay Sean
Jason Derulo
Adam Young from Owl City
Hillary Scott from Lady A
Charles Kelley from Lady A
Maxwell
B.o.B
Taio Cruz
Tyler Hilton
Xzibit
Mike Posner
Warren G
Kimberly Perry from The Band Perry
Jerrod Niemann
Waka Flocka Flame
Christina Perri
Jessie J
Big Sean
2 Chainz
Carly Rae Jepsen
Nate Ruess
Lee Brice
Macklemore
Tyler Hubbard from Florida Georgia Line
Darius Rucker
Juicy J
Fetty Wap
Dinah Jane from Fifth Harmony
Ally Brooke from Fifth Harmony
Lauren Jauregui from Fifth Harmony
Aly Michalka of Aly & AJ
Corinne Bailey Rae
Elle King
Alessia Cara
Daya
Ty Dolla Sign
Lil Yachty
Deana Carter
French Montana
Luis Fonsi
Lauren Alaina
Jimmie Allen
Wynonna Judd
Rebecca Black
DaBaby
Joel Madden
Jessie James Decker
John Rich
Azealia Banks
Chris Janson
Tank
Victoria Justice
Ava Max
Jax (The social media personality who sings Victoria’s Secret, not the guy from Bravo)
The War & Treaty
Walker Hayes
Jamie Lynn Spears
Cassadee Pope
China Anne McClain
Ingrid Michaelson
Dixie D’Amelio
Chase Hudson
Dasha
Yeah, so these are a lot of the celebrities I can see being on The Masked Singer, some of which I can even see being on Season 15 because of their proximity to the East Coast, and all the rest in hopes that they all love the sight of green paper with numbers of value on them.
I hope you all enjoyed reading this blog post, and I’ll see you all soon with another one!

Comments
Post a Comment