Celebrities That Won't Be On The Show



Whenever I make a post about three celebrities that would be perfect for The Masked Singer, I typically go through a bunch of names before deciding on the three that I write about. As for the other names that I decide not to write about while brainstorming, I either choose to write about them at a later point in time, or I choose not to write about them at all. The reason why I choose not to write about some celebrities is that even though I think they would be perfect for the show, there is enough evidence out there that tells me they will not be a contestant any time soon or at all. Today I am going to talk about some celebrities that I have thought would be great contestants for the show, but I have ultimately decided probably won’t do it.

The first celebrity is Dennis DeYoung from the rock band Styx. As the show has had very few rock singers, I felt that he would be a great choice, as he was the lead singer of a famous band, has taken part in fun shows and movies, was in a touring production of “Jesus Christ Superstar,” recorded an album of Broadway standards, and wrote the book and score of a musical of his own based on “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” has been on three episodes of a Fox show before, and has a powerful singing voice. What ultimately made me think that he will not do the show is the fact that he seems to have quietly retired. What I mean by that is that he hasn’t done a show since 2022 and he hasn’t made any announcements about any tours or music he is working on. It would be great if he went on tour again, or announced new music, because then I could add an underrated rock singer back to my list celebrities who could do the show.

The second celebrity is Tony Orlando. I feel that it would be great for the show to have a contestant that is a Las Vegas entertainer, and I thought that he would be the perfect choice, as he has appeared in several fun shows and movies, including voicing a character in four episodes of the Nick Jr show “Oswald” and starring in the movie “That’s My Boy,” appearing on episodes of “Mad TV” and “Fox & Friends,” and he has been in two Broadway musicals, as he was a replacement in the lead role of the musical “Barnum” and was a performer in the musical “Smokey Joe’s CafĂ©.” The reason why I decided not to write about him as a potential contestant is because he is currently on his farewell tour, saying that his age was a contributing factor, and that he is going to focus more on writing a Broadway show, pitching his ideas for films, and writing his next book.

The third celebrity is Dion DiMucci, often better known as just Dion. The show has had many singers that can be considered living legends, and he would be the perfect singer to add to this category. He was also a musical guest on many old talk shows, was on sixteen episodes of “American Bandstand,” was part of New Year’s Rockin’ Eve one year, was a musical guest on “Conan” and “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” in 2016, appeared in an episode of “The John Larroquette Show,” and appeared in the movie “A Little Help.” He also still puts out music today, and his voice still sounds good, and it would be great to hear him sing either “Runaround Sue” or “The Wanderer” after he gets unmasked. The reason why I don’t think he will do the show is because whenever he has done shows in recent years, they have all been in the Northeast, so he might not be willing to fly all the way to California just to be part of a show.

The fourth celebrity is Peter Frampton. He is yet another rock singer that would be a great addition to the show, as he falls under the genre of classic rock, as opposed to most of the other rock singers the show has had that fall under the genre of alternative rock or hard rock. He also has one of the best-selling live albums of all time, “Frampton Comes Alive,” and he has experience taking part in fun shows, four of which are Fox shows, as he was in episodes of “The Simpsons” and “Family Guy,” was a musical guest on an episode of the show “Celebrity Duets,” and was just on an episode of the show “We Are Family.” What tells me that he won’t be a contestant on the show is the fact that he has a degenerative muscle disease. While he is still able to tour, he has said that his fingers don’t play the guitar as well as they used to, and he must sit down for every performance. While they have had contestants that sat down for their performances, I don’t think that would work for Peter Frampton.

I hope that you all enjoyed reading this post about how I decide if a celebrity would do the show!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three More Celebrities Perfect For The Show

Three Celebrities Who Should Do The Show

Three More Celebrities Who Should Do The Masked Singer